Changing Times, Changing Gardens
Regional Landscape Design in Central California
Registration limited to 100 attendees, register early to ensure your space.
Join us for an inspiring and educational weekend seminar exploring a contemporary approach to garden design—one that reflects local climate zones, smart water use, and harmonious plant choices.
Hub for the weekend is the Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo campus and includes a tour of Leaning Pines Arboretum. You’ll also visit gardens designed by seminar speakers, and enjoy an evening together Saturday at one of the area’s outstanding nurseries.
$115.00 for PHS members
$130.00 General Public
Symposium speakers and designers include:
- Randy Baldwin, San Marcos Growers
- Carol Bornstein, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Todd Davidson, Sage Ecological Landscapes & Nursery
- Gabriel Frank, Gardens by Gabriel
- Jeffrey Gordon Smith, JGS Landscape Architecture, author of A Collection of Residential JGS Landscape Designs
- Matt Ritter, Professor, Cal Poly, SLO, author of A Californian’s Guide to the Trees Among Us
- Susan Van Atta, Van Atta Associates, author of The Southern California Native Flower Garden
- Chris Wassenberg, Director, Leaning Pine Arboretum
- Saturday, September 13th, 9am to 4:30pm: Cal Poly campus, Baker Center for Science and Math with talks, lunch, and campus walks. Check in starts at 8:30am.
- Saturday, September 13th, 5pm to 7pm: Sage Ecological Landscapes & Nursery, Los Osos, wine reception in the gardens
- Sunday, September 14th, 9am to 1pm, self-guided tour of local gardens