21st Annual Sculpture in the Garden
Month-long Exhibit and Sale: June 19 – July 19
What: For one month every year, Walnut Creek’s Ruth Bancroft Garden transforms into an outdoor art gallery. Follow the meandering pathways to discover sculptures by artists from the Bay Area and beyond. The stunningly sculptural succulent and drought-tolerant plants create a magical setting for public-scale works and pieces perfect for your home garden. For a list of featured artists, please visit: www.ruthbancroftgarden.org
• Opening Night: Friday, June 19 from 5:30 to 8 pm – Celebrate the unveiling of the exhibition and mingle with the artists while sipping champagne in the Garden at sunset. Live music. Advance ticket purchase required – General admission $50/person; RBG members $45/person.
• Opening Weekend: Saturday and Sunday, June 20 and 21, 10am-3pm – First chance for the general public to view the sculptures. Bring a picnic, take a tour and meet the artists. Docent garden tours throughout the day, live music on Father’s Day. $10/person; $8/Seniors (65+) and Students; free for RBG members and children under 12; free admission for dads on Father’s Day
• Extended Summer Hours: Thursday evenings June 4 – August 27 the Garden is open until 7pm. Check the website for special activities on Thursday evenings during the sculpture show. Regular admission rates apply.
• Blues, BBQ, and Beer Sunset Social: Friday, July 17, 5pm-8pm – Live Blues music by HowellDevine, BBQ, and Beer by Calicraft Brewing Co. Enjoy a summer evening in the Garden on the last Friday of the sculpture exhibit. Admission $15/person, advance ticket purchase required. Food and drinks sold separately.
• The Sculptures will be in the Garden through July 19
Where: The Ruth Bancroft Garden, 1552 Bancroft Road, Walnut Creek CA 94598.
General admission: Adults/$10; seniors and students/$8; children under 12 and RBG members free during regular hours. Free parking!